Group Leadership Training - Part 2 - Red Rock Audubon
Event Type: Social Event
Open to Non-members: Yes
Members Price: $0
Non-members Price: $0
Start Time: 07/16/2023 07:30 AM
End Time: 07/16/2023 10:30 AM
Location: Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve
350 E Galleria Dr
Henderson NV, 89011
This two-part training will take place on Saturday July 15 and Sunday July 16 at the Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve and last 6 hours in total. The training is designed to help current and future trip leaders learn the best practices of natural history interpretation.
During the program, you will cover the following more:
· the approach to natural history interpretation
· birding proficiency from trip leaders
· what is necessary to cover as a trip leader
· designing and implanting a route or activity for our members
· tips for leading trips for multiple skill levels
· the use of apps and optics in the field
· mindful practices in nature, and the mental health benefits of birding and nature
This program was created for Red Rock Audubon and University of Nevada – Las Vegas Audubon members but may be open to our partners with overlapping missions and visions.
Please contact Alex Harper at email@example.com for details. Alex will be leading the training
The program is first come, first serve. It is necessary to attend the workshop in order.
What to Bring:
Binoculars. If you don’t have your own, the bird preserve loans them out for use.
Please arrive 15 minutes early so that we can start on time. The preserve is open before the class begins, so you can use that time to do some birding.
Register for this event